In honor of Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month, AAJA is launching a membership campaign and celebrate our heritage: our families.
We often say AAJA is a family. We support each other personally and professionally, see each other during our “reunion” during the convention, and even sing karaoke together. Then, there’s your personal family — spouses, kids, partners, significant others. Chances are, they’ve heard you talk about AAJA. They probably attended a chapter event with you, or maybe even went to convention. This year, we want to welcome your personal family to the AAJA family.
Here are the details:
- Renew your 2015 AAJA membership and/or donate any amount to AAJA’s Power of One: aaja.org/donate-today/ We also encourage your spouses, significant others, or partners to become members and donate.
- Using the hashtag #AAJAfamily, post photos of you and your personal family or of you and your AAJA friends on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Make sure to tag each other and @ mention your chapter or friends, to broaden the reach on social media.
- If you donated or renewed your membership, make sure to give a shoutout in your tweet or post. Sample tweets:
- My mom & I giving thumbs up – we’re #AAJAfamily too. Just renewed my AAJA membership! <add picture> aaja.org/donate-today/
- Donated to Power of One today to celebrate #AAJAfamily for AAPI Heritage Month. Join/renew today! aaja.org/donate-today/
- Love this #AAJAfamily pic from @AAJADC Trivia Bowl. <add picture> Join/renew today! aaja.org/join-aaja/
- RT, share, favorite and re-gram! #AAJAfamily in twitter, #AAJAfamily in Facebook and #AAJAfamily in Instagram
And thanks to myintent.org‘s support via my #AAJAfamily Angie Lau, we are delighted to give a myintent bracelet for 50 members who post an #AAJAfamily photo on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram. We will hold a random drawing at the end of the month.
At the end of May, we’ll curate some of your photos and feature them on aaja.org. We will also show off some #AAJAfamily photos during the convention in San Francisco. If you haven’t registered, make sure to do so today!
The MyIntent Project’s mission is to be a CATALYST for meaningful conversations and positive energy in the world.
Suggestions for choosing your word:
- What do you want more of in your life?
- Close your eyes and imagine you in the future – what is different?
- What do you want to be reminded of everyday?
- What is a challenge you want to overcome?
Please go to www.myintent.org to learn more.