- Al Young Sports Journalism Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to currently enrolled students pursuing sports journalism/media as a career; funded by the AAJA Sports Task Force. The application deadline is December 15, 2016.
- Intern for AsAmNews: Earn college credit and valuable experience at AsAmNews. This internship is open until a qualified applicant is selected.
- NBC Summer Partnership: Paid summer internships with NBC News Group in New York City are available for current students pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. $2,000 housing stipends are available. The application will be available soon.
- AAJA-Sacramento/The Sacramento Bee 2016 Internship: In partnership with The Sacramento Bee, AAJA-Sacramento is sponsoring a 10-week internship program for aspiring print, photo, graphics and multimedia journalists. All applicants must be 2016 AAJA student members. Strong preference will be given to AAJA-Sacramento student members. The application will be available soon.
- William Woo Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 available to support students and recent graduates who have secured a print or online news internship for the summer of 2016. The application will be available soon.
- Broadcast News Internship Grants: Up to $1,000 offered to support an Asian American male who has secured a broadcast news internship for the summer of 2016 through the Lloyd LaCuesta internship grant fund; and up to $500 offered to a student with a summer broadcast news internship through the Sam Chu Lin internship grant fund. The application will be available soon.
- CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 available to graduating high school seniors and college students who are passionate about journalism. This grant pays for educational costs and travel to the 2016 AAJA National Convention in Las Vegas. The application will be available soon.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to current college students, graduate students and graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing journalism as a career. The application will be available soon.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: $500 available to current student journalists for writing about the legacy of Vincent Chin in essay form. The application will be available soon.
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to offset living expenses and costs for college juniors, seniors and graduate students in journalism who have secured a summer internship. The application will be available soon.
- Columbia Journalism School Student Fellowship: Five scholarships of $750 each are available to current AAJA student members to offset costs to attend the 2016 National Convention in Las Vegas. The application will be available soon.
- Jimmie & Suey Fong Yee Scholarship: $900 available to offset registration, travel, accommodations and meals for the 2016 AAJA National Convention for current students pursuing sports journalism. The application will be available soon.
Closed Until Next Year
- Sports Journalism Institute: One week of intensive training plus an eight-week paid sports journalism internship available upon completion. The application deadline was November 2, 2016.
Please check back regularly for new scholarship and internship opportunities.