- Sports Journalism Institute: One week of intensive training plus an eight-week paid sports journalism internship available upon completion. The application deadline is November 2, 2016.
- Al Young Sports Journalism Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to currently enrolled students pursuing sports journalism/media as a career; funded by the AAJA Sports Task Force. The application deadline is November 30, 2016.
- Intern for AsAmNews: Earn college credit and valuable experience at AsAmNews. This internship is open until a qualified applicant is selected.
- Intern at Crain’s Chicago Business : The Chicago chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association is pleased to offer a college student or recent graduate the opportunity to spend the summer working at Crain’s Chicago Business.
Closed Until Next Year
- NBC Summer Partnership: Paid summer internships with NBC News Group in New York City are available for current students pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. $2,000 housing stipends are available. The deadline for AAJA to receive applications in the mail was Friday, February 19.
- AAJA-Sacramento/The Sacramento Bee 2016 Internship: In partnership with The Sacramento Bee, AAJA-Sacramento is sponsoring a 10-week internship program for aspiring print, photo, graphics and multimedia journalists. All applicants must be 2016 AAJA student members. Strong preference will be given to AAJA-Sacramento student members. The application deadline was Tuesday, March 15.
- William Woo Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 available to support students and recent graduates who have secured a print or online news internship for the summer of 2016. The application deadline was Sunday, April 17.
- Broadcast News Internship Grants: Up to $1,000 offered to support an Asian American male who has secured a broadcast news internship for the summer of 2016 through the Lloyd LaCuesta internship grant fund; and up to $500 offered to a student with a summer broadcast news internship through the Sam Chu Lin internship grant fund. The application deadline was Sunday, May 1.
- CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 available to graduating high school seniors and college students who are passionate about journalism. This grant pays for educational costs and travel to the 2016 AAJA National Convention in Las Vegas. The deadline to apply was Sunday, May 1.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to current college students, graduate students and graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing journalism as a career. The deadline to apply was Sunday, May 1.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: $500 available to current student journalists for writing about the legacy of Vincent Chin in essay form. The deadline to apply was Sunday, May 1.
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to offset living expenses and costs for college juniors, seniors and graduate students in journalism who have secured a summer internship. The deadline to apply was Sunday, May 1.
- Columbia Journalism School Student Fellowship: Five scholarships of $750 each are available to current AAJA student members to offset costs to attend the 2016 National Convention in Las Vegas. The deadline to apply was Sunday, May 8.
- Jimmie & Suey Fong Yee Scholarship: $900 available to offset registration, travel, accommodations and meals for the 2016 AAJA National Convention for current students pursuing sports journalism. The deadline to apply was Sunday, May 15.
Please check back regularly for new scholarship and internship opportunities.