- NBC Summer Partnership: Paid summer internships with NBC News Group in New York City are available for current students pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. $2,000 housing stipends are available. The deadline for AAJA to receive applications in the mail is Friday, February 16.
- AAJA-Sacramento/The Sacramento Bee 2016 Internship: In partnership with The Sacramento Bee, AAJA-Sacramento is sponsoring a 10-week internship program for aspiring print, photo, graphics and multimedia journalists. All applicants must be 2016 AAJA student members. Strong preference will be given to AAJA-Sacramento student members. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, March 15, 2016.
- CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 available to graduating high school seniors and college students who are passionate about journalism. This grant pays for educational costs and travel to the 2016 AAJA National Convention in Las Vegas. The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 1.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to current college students or graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing journalism as a career. The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 1.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: $500 available to current student journalists for writing about the legacy of Vincent Chin in essay form. The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 1.
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to offset living expenses and costs for college juniors, seniors and graduate students in journalism who have secured a summer internship. The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 1.
- Broadcast News Internship Grants: Two grants are offered to support students and recent graduates who have secured a broadcast news internship for the summer of 2016. The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 1.
- Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 available to support students and recent graduates who have secured a print or online news internship for the summer of 2016. The deadline to apply is Sunday, May 1.
- Intern for AsAmNews: Earn college credit and valuable experience at AsAmNews. This internship is open until a qualified applicant is selected.
- Intern at Crain’s Chicago Business : The Chicago chapter of the Asian American Journalists Association is pleased to offer a college student or recent graduate the opportunity to spend the summer working at Crain’s Chicago Business.
Closed Until Next Year
- AAJA Al Young Sports Task Force Scholarship: Up to $2,500 available to currently enrolled students pursuing sports journalism/media as a career. The application deadline was October 30, 2015.
- Sports Journalism Institute: One week of intensive training plus an eight-week paid sports journalism internship and $500 scholarship upon completion. The application deadline was November 2, 2015.
Please check back regularly for new scholarship and internship opportunities.