AAJA is guided by its Governing Board, with the counsel of its Advisory Board.
The 11-member Governing Board is comprised of AAJA’s five National Officers plus six members elected from the Advisory Board**.
The Governing Board guides the organization to ensure AAJA is fulfilling its mission, meeting the needs of its constituencies and operating legally, effectively and efficiently.
The Advisory Board is comprised of Chapter Representatives elected by their chapter’s members. The advisory board advises the governing board to ensure AAJA chapters’ interests are represented in the organization, and AAJA’s interests in the chapters.
Both the Governing and Advisory boards also build connections between AAJA, the news industry, the Asian American Pacific Islander community and the general public.
- President: PAUL CHEUNG, Global Interactive Editor, Associated Press
- Vice President for Broadcast: NIALA BOODHOO, Reporter, WBEZ, 91.5, Chicago Public Media
- Vice President for Print: KEN MORITSUGU, Asia Enterprise Editor, Associated Press
- Treasurer: GAUTHAM NAGESH, Tech Policy Editor, CQ Roll Call
- Secretary: THEODORE KIM, Mobile Editor, The Washington Post
Chapter Board Representatives
- Arizona: YVONNE LEOW**, Video Editor, Digital First Media
- Asia: RAMY INOCENCIO, Asia Business Analyst, CNN International
- Atlanta: MARIA EBRAHIMJI, Executive Editorial Producer, CNN
- Chicago: AMEET SACHDEV, Business Reporter, Chicago Tribune
- Denver: GIL ASAKAWA, Manager of Student Media, University of Colorado
- Florida: VICTORIA LIM, Freelance Journalist
- Hawai’i: WES NAKAMA, Assistant Director of Information, Hawai’i High School Athletic Association
- Los Angeles: JOCELYN “JOZ” WANG**, Editor-in-Chief/CEO, 8Asians.com
- Michigan: ANKUR DHOLAKIA, Multimedia Producer, The Detroit News
- Minnesota: NANCY NGO, Reporter, St. Paul Pioneer Press
- New England: TALI A.B. SMITH, Managing Partner / Editorial Director, TLABS Media LLC
- New York: BROOKE CAMP**, Talent Acquisition Lead, News and Digital, NBCUniversal, and SITAL PATEL, Reporter, MarketWatch
- North Carolina: RENEE CHOU, Reporter/Anchor, WRAL-TV
- Philadelphia: JULIANA REYES, Lead Reporter, Technically Philly
- Portland: NICOLE DUNGCA, Reporter, The Oregonian
- Sacramento: PAMELA WU, Director of Marketing and Communications, University of California, Davis School of Law
- San Diego: MELISSA MECIJA, Reporter, KGTV 10News
- San Francisco Bay Area: TOMOKO A. HOSAKA**, COO, Plympton.com, and ELLEN LEE**, Freelance Journalist
- Seattle: SANJAY BHATT, Reporter, The Seattle Times
- Texas: THOMAS HUANG**, Sunday & Enterprise Editor, The Dallas Morning News
- Washington, D.C: BOBBY CAINA CALVAN, Freelance Journalist
- At-Large: TBD