Join more than 850 journalists, news executives, media researchers and community leaders at the 24th Annual AAJA National Convention at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel, August 13-16, 2014.
The 24th Annual National Convention has closed online registration. Please register on-site at the Renaissance Washington, D.C. Downtown Hotel at the Grand Registration desk.
The registration desk will be open:
- Wednesday, August 13. 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm.
- Thursday, August 14. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Friday, August 15. 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Convention Registration Instructions
To register for the 2014 AAJA National Convention in Washington, D.C., you must first log in or create an account at AAJA.org (AAJA membership is not required to create an account). Once logged in to your account:
- Click “Convention 2014” under “Events” on the right side of your AAJA account page.
- Click the “Register” link at the bottom of the page and proceed through the steps of the online registration form.
- On the last page, be sure to click “Submit Order” to finish your registration. You will receive an email confirming your registration.
Convention Registration Rates
|Early Registration||Pre-Registration||Onsite Registration|
|Deadlines||April 15, 2014||June 17, 2014||Aug. 16, 2014|
Whether you are a media industry veteran, new to the field or still in school, the convention is a can’t-miss event for media professionals and future journalists looking to network and grow in their careers. The four-day convention includes plenary sessions, panel workshops, seminars and other activities with interactive discussions about industry and community issues. The convention’s Career Fair & Expo features top news and media companies, universities and journalism industry services, along with one-on-one critiques with veteran journalists and other opportunities for professional and student journalists.
“On behalf of the Washington, D.C. chapter, we are excited to welcome AAJA members and friends to the nation’s capital in 2014,” said convention co-chairs Seung Min Kim, congressional reporter, Politico, and Sherri Ly, reporter, WTTG FOX 5. “With the campaign season for midterm elections in full swing, all eyes will be on Washington, and it will be an exciting time to be in the District.”
The 2014 National Convention will include an unforgettable speaker panel of internationally renowned orators and industry luminaries. The convention will culminate with the AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet on Saturday, Aug. 16. AAJA student scholarship recipients will be honored, and national journalism and special awards will be presented to recognize excellence in journalism.
- The Renaissance Washington, DC Downtown Hotel is offering convention-goers a special early bird rate of $174 per night for single-, double- and triple-occupancy rooms. This special rate is available through July 31, 2014.
- Please be advised that AAJA will hold their 2014 Annual Conference room block only at the Renaissance Washington DC Downtown. No other housing organization is associated with our conference or the room block. The Renaissance Washington DC Downtown will never call you to make a reservation, and they will not offer any rates different than what has been communicated on our site. Book now. Questions? Click here for more info.
- Is your organization interested in connecting with hundreds of top-tier journalists? Learn more about purchasing a booth at the Career Fair & Expo.
- Are you interested only in attending our AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet? You may purchase a stand-alone ticket to the gala for $150. Follow the Convention Registration Instructions above and simply select “Gala Banquet Ticket” instead of the other standard registration options.
- Connect with us. Follow @aaja for convention updates on Twitter, hashtag #AAJA14. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All requests must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office and received (not postmarked) by July 11, 2014. Include your name, address, cell phone number, and email address in the request. Send your cancellation request to email@example.com or fax to 415-346-6343. A $50 administrative fee will be deducted. The refund will be issued to the original form of payment. No refund requests will be honored after 5 P.M. PST on July 11, 2014.
Transferring convention registration is prohibited without authorization from the AAJA National Office. All requests must be submitted in writing by the current registrant no later than July 30, 2014. A $25 administrative fee will be required for transfer requests. The request must include the following:
(1) $25 transfer fee
(2) Name and signature of the original registrant
(3) Name, title and company/institution, e-mail address and cell phone number of the person receiving the transferred registration
Capitol building photo courtesy of the Associated Press