Recruiters at #AAJA15 Career Fair and Expo
Wall Street Journal
American Public Media
The E.W. Scripps Company
Time Warner Cable News
Fox Television Stations, Inc.
CUNY Grad School of Journalism
Medill School of Journalism
Columbia Journalism School
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
TC Charton Asian Fit Eyewear
The deadline to register for a booth has passed.
Whether you are looking for talented hires for your media organization, seeking to expose your products and services to journalists, or are wanting to get your company name out to the media industry, don’t miss the 2015 AAJA Career Fair & Expo in San Francisco, being held 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 13 and Friday, Aug. 14 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco.
You will connect with more than 900 journalists and media executives from all over the world converging in San Francisco for the 25th Annual AAJA National Convention, as they wind through the Career Fair & Expo Hall seeking information and career opportunities.
As an exhibitor, your booth package includes:
- One (1) 8′ x 10′ booth
- Two (2) complimentary exhibitor registrations
- One (1) countertop table
- Two (2) chairs
- One (1) wastebasket
- One (1) ID sign displaying the name of your company
- One (1) month of five (5) free AAJA Career Center online job posts
|Media||Corporate (Non-Media)||Nonprofit, Ethnic Media or Journalism School|
|Early Bird Deadline: February 27, 2015||$1,125||$1,350||$900|
|With Recruiter Plus||$1,375||$1,150|
|Final Deadline: July 10, 2015||$1,250||$1,500||$1,000|
|With Recruiter Plus||$1,500||$1,250|
Additional exhibitor registrations are available for $150 each. You may register and pay for a third exhibitor during the online registration process. If you would like more than 3 exhibitors, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
Traveling from out of town? The convention host hotel, the Hyatt Regency San Francisco, is offering convention attendees a special early bird rate of $220 per night until the first 150 rooms are filled, and then $259 per night for single-, double- and triple-occupancy rooms. The early bird rate is valid now through July 16, 2015. Reserve rooms for your exhibitors now.
Add-On Package: Recruiter Plus
As an added value, exhibiting media companies have the option of purchasing the Recruiter Plus package, which provides participating organizations with the résumés of convention registrants interested in meeting with your company. Review résumés from dozens of potential candidates prior to convention and get a head start on scheduling interviews.
The deadline to purchase the Recruiter Plus package is Friday, June 26.
We appreciate your interest in joining us at the 25th Annual AAJA National Convention in San Francisco, and hope to see you there! If you have any questions about the Career Fair & Expo, please contact Justin Seiter at email@example.com.
RULES & REGULATIONS
Nothing shall be constructed, built, installed or used as part of or in connection with any exhibit that does not conform with the requirements of federal, state and municipal laws, ordinances, fire codes and regulations. AAJA retains the right to make additional rules and regulations as deemed necessary and proper.
Each 8- x 10-foot booth includes a draped countertop table, two chairs, waste basket and signage with the name of your company. Please note that the ceilings in the exhibit space measure 7 1/2′ tall. Additional furniture, computer hookups, electrical outlets and internet access is not included and can be ordered through an exhibitor kit; details will be provided at a later date.
1. EXHIBIT SPACE. The exhibit space contracted for herein is to be used strictly by the Exhibitor whose name appears on the Contract for the space. It is specifically understood and agreed that the Exhibitor will neither sublet nor assign any portion of the space contracted for herein. Exhibitors who resell or sublet space or render their badges to unauthorized persons will forfeit their exhibit space and/or future privileges. Exhibitor must show only the goods and services they manufacture, distribute or provide in the regular course of business. No individual, company or organization not assigned exhibit space will be permitted to solicit business within the exhibit area. No exhibits or displays of any kind are permitted in rooms or suites.
2. INDEMNITY. Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless AAJA from any and all liability to any person or persons of any conditions of the Rules and Regulations, or by any reason of any condition, defective or otherwise, of any apparatus, equipment or fixtures furnished by Exhibitor in connection with its exhibit. Exhibitor further agrees to hold harmless AAJA, its officers, directors, employees and members from any act or omission of said Exhibitor, or any of its agents, servants or employees. Indemnity includes, but is not limited to, claims or copyright, trademark or patent infringement, unfair competition and product liability. The Exhibitor, on submissions of the Career Fair & Expo Booth and Exhibitor Registration Form, expressly releases the forenamed association and individuals from any and all claim for such loss, damage or injury. Further, Exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages and claims arising out of injury or damage to Exhibitor’s displays, equipment or other property brought upon the premises.
3. USE OF AISLES, ETC. The aisles, passageways and overhead spaces remain strictly under control of AAJA, and no signs, decorations, banners, advertising matter or special exhibits will be permitted in them except by special permission granted by AAJA. All exhibits must remain within the confines of their own spaces.
4. SECURITY NON-LIABILITY. AAJA will provide security during the hours the exhibit area is closed, but will have no liability for any loss or damage sustained by Exhibitor during such hours or any other time, whatever the cause.
5. BOOTH LOCATIONS AND FLOOR PLAN. Whenever possible, space assignments will be made by AAJA in keeping with the preferences specified by the Exhibitor. AAJA, however, reserves the right to make the final determination of all space assignments in the best interest of the exposition. AAJA reserves the right to alter the booth layout and location of the exhibit spaces, at its sole discretion, in the best interest of the exposition. Exhibit(s) must be confined to and within the space(s) leased.
6. FORCE MAJEURE. Should any emergency arise prior to the opening date of the exhibit that would prevent its scheduled opening, including but not limited to acts of God, government authority, disaster, terrorist attack in the location of hotel, civil unrest or other emergencies, any of which make it inadvisable, illegal or impossible to provide the facilities for the exhibit halls, it is expressly understood and agreed that AAJA may reschedule the event as near to the original date and site as possible. AAJA may retain as much as the pre-payment for exhibit spaces as it deems necessary to cover expenses incurred should it be impossible to reschedule the conference. Regardless of the reason for cancellation or postponement of the convention, AAJA will not be held responsible for any loss by Exhibitor resulting therefrom.
7. EXHIBITOR APPOINTED CONTRACTORS. Should Exhibitor utilize an exhibit contractor other than the Official Show Contractor, AAJA and Official Show Contractor will require a certificate of insurance and list of all workers’ names assigned and a signed EAC form, 30 days prior to event.
8. FREIGHT HANDLING/DRAYAGE. The Official Show Contractor shall handle all Exhibitor freight shipments within convention facility. The use of loading areas/docks will be limited to Official Show Contractor exclusively. Exhibitor may not hand carry exhibitory into the exhibit area through the “front of house” entrances. The use of dollies, hand trucks or wheeled carts by Exhibitor in common areas, services areas, or on the exhibit floor is prohibited.
9. NON-ENDORSEMENT. The exhibiting of products and services does not constitute an endorsement by AAJA of any product or service exhibited. Exhibitors are not permitted to represent in any manner that its goods or services have been endorsed by AAJA.
10. OFFICIAL CONTRACTOR. Exhibitor must use exposition management-appointed contractors for electrical work, plumbing, material handling, rigging, cleaning, standard show rental furniture and floor covering, and telephones. Official show contractors are recommended for other services. Order forms are provided in the exhibitor kit.
11. DAMAGE TO PROPERTY. Exhibitor is liable for any damage caused to building floors, walls or columns, or to standard booth equipment, or to another exhibitor’s property or the convention venue.
12. SET-UP AND DISMANTLING. Set-up for exhibitors will take place Wednesday, August 12 from 12 pm – 5 pm. Dismantling will take place Friday, August 14 from 6 pm – 10 pm. All exhibitors must clear out of the exhibitor space by Friday, August 14 at 10 pm. Find the online exhibitor kit here.
13. CANCELLATION POLICY. All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office (5 Third Street, #1108, San Francisco, CA 94103), and received on or before 5 p.m. PST July 24, 2015. A $150 fee will be deducted from booth cancellations. No refunds after July 24, 2015. No refund requests by phone. There will be no exceptions.
Featured image by Andrew Seng