AAJA, in partnership with the Gannett Foundation, is offering a $5,000 award to recognize groundbreaking work by a journalist or a team who creatively uses digital tools in the role of being a community’s watchdog. Special consideration is given to journalism that helps a community understand and address important issues.
Criteria for evaluating innovation include interactivity, creation of new tools, innovative adaptation of existing tools and creative use of any digital medium. An entry can consist of a single story, series or package on a single subject.
- Current 2013 AAJA full member (subject to verification)
- Entries must be in the English language
- Published or aired between April 21, 2012 and March 22, 2013
- Spot news, news analysis, editorials, columns, features and photography are eligible
- Student work is not eligible
- Team submissions must name a primary contact as the contributor
- This person must have played a lead or key role in the submitted
Learn more about The 2013 Gannett Award for Innovation in Watchdog Journalism by logging in to AAJA’s account system.
Don’t have an account? Create one.
Once logged into your account:
- Click on “View open competitions” under “Awards and Competitions”
- Click on “View” next to The 2013 Gannett Award for Innovation in Watchdog Journalism”
- Fill in and upload the required information for the entry form
DEADLINE: Friday, March 22 Deadline has passed
Questions? Contact Marcia Santillan, Professional Programs Coordinator, MarciaS@aaja.org or 415-346-2051 ext. 107.