Join AAJA, NAHJ, NAJA and NABJ’s Digital Journalism Task Force for a conference call to discuss the application process for the 2013-14 class of John S. Knight Journalism Fellows at Stanford University. The program is actively seeking a more diverse talent pool and is reaching out to journalists of color. The call will feature one current and two past Knight fellows:
- Latoya Peterson, editor/owner, Racialicious, 2013 Knight Fellow.
- Claudia Nunez, investigative reporter and founder of RDataVox.com, an online data visualization network for ethnic media journalists and non-profit organizations, 2012 Knight Fellow.
- Phuong Ly, founder, Gateway California, 2011 Knight Fellow. http://www.gatewaycalifornia.org/team/
Knight Fellowships director Jim Bettinger will give an overview of the program and introduce the fellows. The fellows will discuss their application process, the work they did during their 10 months at Stanford and offer tips for those who may consider applying. We’ll then open it up to questions. The call will be recorded for those who can’t make the live call.
- When: Tuesday, Oct. 30, at 8 p.m. Eastern
- Dial-in Number: 1-213-226-0400
- Conference code: 878554