Taste of AAJA is one of the greatest longstanding traditions of the Minnesota chapter. The very first event took place at the Weisman Museum at the University of Minnesota and has since continued to grow and evolve. It is the biennial fundraiser for the local chapter. Come sample local Asian specialties, scope out the silent auction and enjoy great conversation with friends and new faces.
Proceeds from ticket sales and the silent auction go toward scholarships and internships for college students regardless of race. A smaller slice of the chapter funds benefit working professionals for training and enrichment purposes. AAJA Minnesota also provides financial contributions to ThreeSixty, a program at the University of St. Thomas, which provides journalism training to high school students, particularly low-income and students of color, who are interested in journalism careers.
2012’s Taste of AAJA
- When: Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012. 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Where: Bombay Bistro, 820 Marquette Ave., Downtown Mpls.
- Parking: Metro Ramp ($5), 90 S. 9th St., enter on 9th Street between Marquette Avenue and Nicollet Mall.
- Cost: $20 advance, $25 at the door, $15 for students. (includes dinner.)
- Hosted by: Joy Lim Nakrin of KSTP 5 Eyewitness News.