More than 850 journalists, news executives, media researchers, and community leaders will attend the 23rd Annual AAJA Convention at the Hilton New York, August 21-24, 2013.
The three-day convention includes plenary sessions, panel workshops, seminars, and other activities with interactive discussions about industry and community issues. The convention’s career fair features news and media companies, universities and journalism industry services, along with one-on-one critiques with veteran journalists and other opportunities for professional and student journalists.
“On behalf of the New York chapter, we are delighted and proud to host the convention in 2013,” said convention co-chairs Brooke Camp, NBCUniversal Talent Acquisition Lead, News and Digital, and Michelle Yu, SNY (SportsNet New York) Anchor. “We are excited to marshall the city’s resources and energy to make this a fantastic opportunity and event for all.”
This year’s 2013 AAJA National Convention will be a year to remember. In August, we expect to host the most distinguished AAJA Convention to date, with an unforgettable speaker panel of internationally renowned orators, celebrities, and industry luminaries. The AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet is the grand finale for the convention. AAJA student scholarship recipients are honored, and National Journalism and Special Awards are presented to recognize excellence in journalism.
Convention Registration Rates
|Early Registration||Pre-Registration||On Site Registration|
|Deadlines||April 16, 2013||June 21, 2013||Aug. 24, 2013|
|Spouse / Partner||$215||$225||$240|
- To reserve a room at the Hilton New York in Midtown, call the hotel at 1-212-586-7000. Questions about your reservation? Click here for more info.
- Polish your resume for unrivaled networking opportunities. Click here for a complete list of Expo presenters.
- Follow @aaja2013nyc for convention updates on Twitter, hashtag #AAJA13 to get into an AAJA State of Mind.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
- A sneak peek of our workshops and programs.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All requests must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office and received (not postmarked) by July 5, 2013. Include your name, address, phone number, and email address in the request. Send your cancellation request to email@example.com or fax to 415-346-6343. A $50 administrative fee will be deducted. The refund will be issued to the original form of payment. No refund requests will be honored after 5 P.M. PST on July 5, 2013.
Transferring convention registration is prohibited without authorization from the AAJA National Office. All requests must be submitted in writing by the current registrant no later than August 5, 2013. A $25 administrative fee will be required for transfer requests. The request must include the following:
· (1) $25 transfer fee
· (2) Name and signature of the original registrant
· (3) Name, title and company/institution, e-mail address and phone number of the person receiving the transferred registration