Join us at #AAJA17, the 27th Annual AAJA National Convention, at Loews Philadelphia Hotel, July 26 – 29, 2017!
Whether you are a media industry veteran, new to the field or still in school, the convention is a can’t-miss event for media professionals and future journalists looking to network and grow in their careers. The four-day convention includes plenary sessions, panel workshops, seminars and other activities with interactive discussions about industry and community issues. The convention’s Career Fair & Expo features top news and media companies, universities and journalism industry services, along with organizations and companies eager to expose their brands to AAJA’s network of talented journalists, students and media professionals.
The 2017 National Convention will culminate with the AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet on Saturday, July 29. AAJA student scholarship recipients will be honored, and national journalism and special awards will be presented to recognize excellence in journalism.
Convention Registration Rates
- Very recently renewed members may not be able to view the discounted member rates for convention. If you are attempting to register for the convention within 2 business days after renewing your AAJA membership, you may not see the options to register at the member-rate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or wait 2 business days to register.
- The last day to register online for the convention will be July 19, 2017. After this date, registration will only be available on-site beginning July 26.
Paper registration forms are no longer available. If you are unable to register online, please contact email@example.com.
To take advantage of discounted member rates, join AAJA as a new member or renew your lapsed membership. Non-members are welcome to register at standard convention rates.
Click here to register for the 2017 AAJA National Convention. The deadline to register online is Wednesday, July 19.
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel is the official host hotel for the 2017 AAJA National Convention. AAJA’s group rate is $169 per night (Wednesday, July 26 – Saturday, July 29) for single and double rooms. The deadline to book with the AAJA group rate is Thursday, July 6. Beginning July 7, rooms will be based on availability and prices will return to prevailing rates. Find out complete hotel details and book your room early!
- Be advised that AAJA will hold its 2017 Annual Convention room block only at Loews Philadelphia Hotel. No other housing organization is associated with our conference or the room block. Loews will never call you to make a reservation, and they will not offer any rates different than what has been communicated on our site.
AAJA is happy to work with your company or organization on sponsoring the 2017 AAJA National Convention. Please reach out to Kathy Chow at KathyC@aaja.org with questions.
2017 Career Fair & Expo Hall
Is your organization interested in connecting with hundreds of top-tier journalists and media professionals? The 2017 Career Fair & Expo Hall will take place at the Loews Philadelphia Hotel July 27 – 28 during the 2017 AAJA National Convention. Booth rates will be available soon. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Are you interested only in attending our AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet? You may purchase a stand-alone ticket to the gala for $100.
- Are you interested in only attending one day at convention? Single day passes are available for Thursday, July 27 and Friday, July 28 at $275 per day (when registering online by July 19). Select the day you wish to attend when completing the convention registration process.
- Connect with us. Follow @aaja for convention updates on Twitter and use #AAJA17. Email email@example.com with questions.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All requests must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office and received (not postmarked) by June 30, 2017. Include your name, address, cell phone number, and email address in the request. Send your cancellation request to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 415-346-6343. A $50 administrative fee will be deducted. The refund will be issued to the original form of payment. No refund requests will be honored after 4 P.M. PST on June 30, 2017. THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS.
Transferring convention registration is prohibited without authorization from the AAJA National Office. All requests must be submitted in writing by the current registrant no later than July 19, 2016. A $25 administrative fee will be required for transfer requests. NO EXCEPTIONS. The request must include the following:
- $25 transfer fee
- Name and signature of the original registrant
- Name, title and company/institution, e-mail address and cell phone number of the person receiving the transferred registration
AAJA reserves the right to deny registration and sponsorship, to any individual or company, that may result in a conflict of interest for our organization or does not adhere to AAJA’s code of conduct.
Featured image courtesy of AP Images.