AAJA-NY is thrilled to have our annual resume and clip critique workshop on Saturday, Oct. 27th. We’ve recruited high-level broadcast, print, and online journalists to conduct the critiques.
Where & When
- When: Saturday, October 27, from 10am to 3pm.
- Where: New York Times Building 620 8th Ave, New York, NY ( between 40th – 41st Street )
- Event is open to all registered AAJA members, non-members, students, freelancers, etc.
Registration and Cost
- Registration via Eventbrite (http://aajaresumecrit.eventbrite.com)
- $10 AAJA student member | $20 AAJA member
- $20 non AAJA Student | $30 non-AAJA member
- 10 am to 12 noon: Morning Resume Critique sessions
- 10 am to 11 am: Job hunt technique Q&A – Brooke Camp, NBC News Recruiter
- 11 am to 12 noon: What’s a good cover letter and resume should look like – TBD
- 12 noon to 1 pm: Brown bag speaker & Light Lunch (Renita T. Kalhorn, Peak performance coach. Will speak on networking, interviewing skills and how a candidate can really make themselves stand out!)
- 1 pm to 3 pm: Afternoon Resume Critique sessions
- 1 pm to 2 pm: Need a headshot for your resume/reel? Get 20-25 digital photos with Professional Photography Corky Lee for $15
- 2 pm to 3 pm: Dress for Success – Get fashion advice from the experts on what to wear and what not to wear to stand out a work.