- Intern for AsAmNews: Earn college credit and valuable experience at AsAmNews. This internship is open until a qualified applicant is selected.
Al Young Sports Journalism Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to currently enrolled students pursuing sports journalism/media as a career; funded by the AAJA Sports Task Force. The application deadline is January 10, 2018.
- NBC News Summer Fellowships: Paid summer internships with Comcast NBCUniversal in New York City are available for current students pursuing a career in broadcast journalism. $2,000 housing stipends are available. The application deadline is February 21, 2018.
- AAJA Sports Task Force-ESPN Summer Internship: Paid summer internship with ESPN in Bristol, CT will be available for current students pursuing a career in sports journalism. Housing provided for qualified candidates. The application deadline was February 21, 2017.
- AAJA-Sacramento/The Sacramento Bee Internship: In partnership with The Sacramento Bee, AAJA-Sacramento is sponsoring a 10-week internship program for aspiring print, photo, graphics and multimedia journalists. All applicants must be AAJA student members. Strong preference will be given to AAJA-Sacramento student members. The application deadline was March 15, 2017.
- Stanford Chen Internship Grant: $1,750 available to offset living expenses and costs for college juniors, seniors and graduate students in journalism who have secured a summer 2017 internship. The application deadline was April 2, 2017.
- William Woo Print and Online News Internship Grant: $1,000 available to support students and recent graduates who have secured a print or online news internship for the summer of 2017. The application deadline was April 16, 2017.
- Broadcast News Internship Grants: Up to $1,000 offered to support an Asian American male who has secured a broadcast news internship for the summer of 2017 through the Lloyd LaCuesta internship grant fund; and up to $500 offered to a student with a 2017 summer broadcast news internship through the Sam Chu Lin internship grant fund. The application deadline was April 16, 2017.
- CIC/Anna Chennault Scholarship: $5,000 available to graduating high school seniors and college students who are passionate about journalism. This grant pays for educational costs and travel to the 2017 AAJA National Convention in Philadelphia. The application deadline was April 16, 2017.
- Mary Quon Moy Ing Memorial Scholarship: Up to $2,000 available to current college students, graduate students and graduating high school seniors interested in pursuing journalism as a career. The application deadline was April 16, 2017.
- Vincent Chin Memorial Scholarship: $500 available to current student journalists for writing about the legacy of Vincent Chin in essay form. The application deadline was April 16, 2017.
- Columbia Journalism School Student Scholarship: Five $750 scholarships available for current students to offset costs for registration, travel, accommodations and meals for the 2017 AAJA National Convention in Philadelphia. The application deadline was April 26, 2017.
- Jimmie & Suey Fong Yee Scholarship: Two $900 scholarships available for a current student and a recent graduate pursuing sports journalism to offset costs for registration, travel, accommodations and meals for the 2017 AAJA National Convention in Philadelphia. The application deadline was April 30, 2017.
Closed Until Next Year
- Sports Journalism Institute: One week of intensive training plus an eight-week paid sports journalism internship available upon completion. The application deadline was November 1, 2017.
Please check back regularly for new scholarship and internship opportunities.
Scholarships & Internship Grants
NBC News Summer Fellowship
The Asian American Journalists Association is pleased to announce our continued partnership with Comcast NBCUniversal for the NBC News Summer Fellows Program! The AAJA/NBC News Summer Fellowship gives students real world experience and exposure to one of the world's leading News divisions, which includes...
Al Young Sports Journalism Scholarship
About the AAJA Sports Task Force The mission of the AAJA Sports Task Force is to elevate the voice of Asian Americans in sports and encourage future Asian American sports journalists across multiple media platforms through mentorship and scholarship opportunities. Sports are increasingly becoming part of everyday lives. Beyond the...
ESPN/AAJA Sports Task Force Internship
ESPN and the AAJA Sports Task Force are pleased to offer an internship for sports journalism college students at ESPN (Bristol, CT) that will begin in the summer of 2017. The internship includes pay and housing for qualified candidates. Applications will be submitted to...