Join more than 900 journalists, news executives, media researchers and community leaders at the 25th Annual AAJA National Convention at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in San Francisco, August 12-15, 2015.
Convention Registration Instructions
To register for the 2015 AAJA National Convention in San Francisco, you must first log in or create an account at AAJA.org (AAJA membership is not required to create an account). Once logged in to your account:
- Click “Convention 2015” under “Events” on the right side of your AAJA account page.
- Click the “Register” link at the bottom of the page and proceed through the steps of the online registration form.
- On the last page, be sure to click “Submit Order” to finish your registration. You will receive an email confirming your registration.
Please note: the last day to register online for the convention will be August 6, 2015 at 11:59 PM PST. After this date, registration will only be available on-site beginning August 12.
If you prefer to register for convention using a physical form, please download it here and follow the instructions for payment.
Convention Registration Rates
|Early Registration||Pre-Registration||Onsite Registration|
|Deadlines||April 12, 2015||June 30, 2015||Aug. 14, 2015|
Whether you are a media industry veteran, new to the field or still in school, the convention is a can’t-miss event for media professionals and future journalists looking to network and grow in their careers. The four-day convention includes plenary sessions, panel workshops, seminars and other activities with interactive discussions about industry and community issues. The convention’s Career Fair & Expo features top news and media companies, universities and journalism industry services, along with one-on-one critiques with veteran journalists and other opportunities for professional and student journalists.
“We are honored to host the convention as it celebrates 34 years of connecting journalists with colleagues, new friends and media organizations,” said convention co-chairs Donna Tam, staff writer, CNET News CBS Interactive, and Kevin Lee, staff writer, Daily Journal Corp. “We are preparing a slate of programming to showcase the expertise and resources from the technology capital of the world.”
The 2015 National Convention will culminate with the AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet on Saturday, Aug. 15. AAJA student scholarship recipients will be honored, and national journalism and special awards will be presented to recognize excellence in journalism.
2015 Career Fair & Expo Hall
- Is your organization interested in connecting with hundreds of top-tier journalists? Registration details are now available for the 2015 Expo Hall and Career Fair, to be held Thursday, August 13 and Friday, August 14.
- The Hyatt Regency San Francisco is offering convention-goers a special early bird rate of $220 per night for single-, double- and triple-occupancy rooms until the first 150 rooms are filled. Then the rate will increase to $259 per night. These special rates are available through July 16, 2015. Beginning July 17, guests will be able to book rooms based on the hotel’s availability directly through the Hyatt Regency website or by calling 1-888-591-1234. Book now to take advantage of the AAJA discounted rate! Find out more hotel details here.
- Please be advised that AAJA will hold its 2015 Annual Conference room block only at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco. No other housing organization is associated with our conference or the room block. The Hyatt Regency San Francisco will never call you to make a reservation, and they will not offer any rates different than what has been communicated on our site.
- Are you interested only in attending our AAJA Gala Scholarship & Awards Banquet? You may purchase a stand-alone ticket to the gala for $150. Follow the Convention Registration Instructions above and simply select “Gala Banquet Ticket” instead of the other standard registration options.
- Are you interested in only attending one day at convention? Single day passes are available for Thursday, August 13 and Friday, August 14 at $175 per day. Select the day you wish to attend when completing the convention registration process through your AAJA online account.
- Connect with us. Follow @aaja for convention updates on Twitter, hashtag #AAJA15. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with comments or questions.
CANCELLATIONS AND REFUNDS
All requests must be submitted in writing to the AAJA National Office and received (not postmarked) by July 10, 2015. Include your name, address, cell phone number, and email address in the request. Send your cancellation request to email@example.com or fax to 415-346-6343. A $50 administrative fee will be deducted. The refund will be issued to the original form of payment. No refund requests will be honored after 4 P.M. PST on July 10, 2015. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Transferring convention registration is prohibited without authorization from the AAJA National Office. All requests must be submitted in writing by the current registrant no later than July 31, 2015. A $25 administrative fee will be required for transfer requests. NO EXCEPTIONS. The request must include the following:
- $25 transfer fee
- Name and signature of the original registrant
- Name, title and company/institution, e-mail address and cell phone number of the person receiving the transferred registration
AAJA reserves the right to deny registration and sponsorship, to any individual or company, that may result in a conflict of interest for our organization.
Golden Gate Bridge photo courtesy of the Associated Press.