We made it happen in DC!
At the convention, our programming expanded our journalism tool kit by developing key skills in investigative journalism, social media, visual literacy and data analysis and visualizations. We learned practical strategies to enhance our careers and explored the best practices from freelancing to start ups.
Our keynote speakers Maulik Pancholy and Jose Antonio Vargas inspired us to be authentic and reflects that authenticity in our coverage.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the army of volunteers who worked tireless hours to welcome 975 participants to our convention.
Our sponsors who supported AAJA and our programs
The chapter leaders who fundraised, promoted, planned and coordinated the convention:
- Convention Co-Chairs: Seung Min Kim and Sherri Ly
- Programming Co-Chairs: Yvonne Leow, Emma Carew Grovum & Tom Huang
- Washington D.C. Chapter board: Raymund Flandez, Jenny Abella, Jasmine Zhao, Scott Wong and Kathy Park
- Volunteer coordinator: Daniel Yang
- Silent Auction Coordinator: Samantha Cheng
- National office: Kathy Chow, Justin Seiter, Samantha Chu, Samantha Fannin, Glenn Sugihara and Karen Sugihara
And the volunteers who helped on site during the convention! Here are some of the volunteers: