“Where the News Comes First” is not only our brand – it’s our deep commitment to journalistic excellence. As the #1 ratings leader in our market, we set the bar high for excellent storytelling, investigative reporting and outstanding breaking news coverage
The successful candidate will be an excellent journalist and multi-tasker who can edit and create content under constant deadline pressure.
· Reacts aggressively and decisively to breaking news with or without management present, helping KCRA to win the story on ALL platforms.
· Coordinates morning assignment desk logistics including managing news crews, coordinating with affiliate stations, booking satellite windows and live shots.
· Posts regularly to KCRA digital and social platforms and thrives when asked to send push notifications, coordinate live streams and craft creative, original digital content.
· Thinks creatively and digs deeper to enterprise stories that nobody else is telling.
· Has a finger on the pulse of Northern California’s social media landscape and is able to uncover stories on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other platforms.
· Cultivates and maintains strong relationships with government agencies and public relations representatives, and local newsmakers.
· Adds to the digital desk’s long-term planning and strategic vision.
· One to three years of professional newsroom experience.
· College degree in Journalism or Communications or related field.
· Military experience will be considered.
· Demonstrates exceptional news judgment.
· Demonstrates superb organizational and problem solving skills.
· Multi-tasks efficiently under heavy deadline pressure.
· Proven track record of developing and maintaining contacts.
· Must be able to work weekends and mornings, including holidays.