Come work and live in Paradise! That's right...KTNV's studios are located on South Valley View Boulevard in the nearby community of Paradise, and is proudly owned by The E. W. Scripps Company, one of America's largest and most innovative local media companies, with a rapidly-growing portfolio of digital businesses. You can grow your leadership and your career at Scripps.
Ideally, we're looking for an experienced manager, a true show doctor who can work to level up our day to day coverage in hands on work with our producers and reporters. This position will focus on our day to day news coverage and help us win the "big story" on-air and on-line with all of our digital platforms.
* Assist News Director with supervisory responsibility for all news broadcasts and online content.
* Involved in hiring and performance management of direct reports.
* Assist News Director in the on-going evaluation of personnel.
* Create tactics and strategies to increase demos performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
* Implement and have working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations.
* Ability to manage cross platform content creation and distribution.
* Write copy and edit scripts for air and web.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station websites.
* Schedule anchors and multi-media journalists.
* Lead coverage planning of elections, and other major special events.
* Proactively communicate news initiatives across departments.
* Evaluate workflow efficiencies.
* Assist News Director in managing the budgetary aspects of newsroom operations.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* At least 5 years of News Manager experience.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
* Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
* Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."