* Works closely with Executive Producers and Producers to determine content needs
* Assists in the development of content for multiple platforms in AP and broadcast style
* Executes time sensitive decisions
* Writes clearly for multiple platforms
* Edits video for multiple platforms
* Posts content to station's websites
* Perform additional duties as assigned
* BS/BA in related field.
* Generally 1-2 years experience as a TV writer or producer in related field
Skills and Abilities
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, including grammar, storytelling abilities, and news judgement.
* Ability to perform multiple tasks in a face paced environment.
* Proficiency in computer based editing, Final Cut Pro and basic computer skills including MS Office.
* Detail-oriented and able to work effectively under deadlines.
* Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
* Deadline driven and fast-paced environment
* May work holidays, weekends, and nights if necessary.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.