* Perform preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems. Emphasis on News equipment including camcorders, VTRs, wireless gear and monitors.
* Install video, audio, IT, HD and RF equipment. Update technical plan documentation when installations are completed to include changes that are made.
* Administer computer based audio/video/control systems and may be required to configure software applicationsÂ
* Document and maintain records of equipment repairs.
* Research part numbers and pricing to determine where to purchase andÂ the cost of repairs
* Perform IT operations, assistance and installations as needed. May run cables and connectorsÂ
* Participate in the weekly on-call engineer schedule. This is an after hours duty that may be assistance by phone or require a return trip to the facility. This will also include the analog/digital transmitters and translators as part of the responsibility.
* Perform live truck repairs in confined spaces and on top of vehicle with the use of mobile work platform.
* Perform other duties as needed and directed.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have a two-year electronic technical degree or equivalent. Four year degree preferred.
* Must have three to five years of Broadcast TV maintenance and two years News equipment maintenance and IT Mac and PC or equivalent.
Skills & Abilities
* Familiarity with various test instruments, alignment apparatuses and knowledge of personal computers.
* Operational knowledge of television station equipment.
* Must be self-motivated and have good time management skills.
* Ability to work well with others.
* Ability to effectively identify basic problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them.
* Must have ability to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
* Must be able to lift up to 75lbs.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
About Scripps Â
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; The List, aÂ national Emmy-award winning show,Â delivers everything you need to know about what’s trending in the form of a fun list; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.Â