The communications associate is a member of the communications team whose primary focus will be promoting the center's research on promoting the work of Pew Research Center's research areas.
The communications associate will promote and disseminate findings through media relations, stakeholder engagement, event planning, publications and social-media outreach. The communications associate is skilled in working independently as well as part of a team; and is able to demonstrate initiative, professionalism and attention to detail. The communications associate has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is comfortable communicating about statistics and data. The position may report to the communications director or assistant director, and requires working closely with relevant communications managers.
• Serves as initial point of contact for external inquiries, especially media inquiries; responds to incoming requests promptly, accurately and efficiently
• Reaches out to print, broadcast and online media through press releases, media advisories, pitch calls and social media
• Shares the responsibility for creating, updating and maintaining lists of media and other key stakeholders; identifies new people and organizations within our target audiences
• Assists with developing social media outreach to promote the center's research
• Arranges interviews for experts, including coordinating logistics
• Tracks and documents, through spreadsheets and written reports, the results of external outreach activities
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
• Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of one or more of the Center's research areas. Interest in, and knowledge of, polling and data science a plus.
• Facility with numbers and statistics
• Superior writing and verbal communication skills, including knowledge of AP style
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must have excellent judgment
• Must be proactive and customer-oriented
• Must be highly organized, able to balance multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work well in team-oriented environment
• Must be able to think strategically and work tactically
• Bachelor's degree required; communications, journalism, English, or international relations degree preferred
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in external relations, including media relations
• Knowledge of Washington and international press corps and public policy community
• Experience with social media and web marketing campaigns
• Experience with tools related to media outreach, including Cision, Factiva and Critical Mention
• Experience managing and using Salesforce or similar contact databases
• Experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Due to the volume of applications received, applicants will be notified only if they are selected for interviews.
Pew Research Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fthwhtzw3jvhkvh3