* Oversee the brand image strategy and execution, including supervising all aspects of station promotion and marketing using on-air, online and outside media resources.
* Responsible for the development of promotional strategic plans, multi-media marketing plans, promotional News campaigns, general programming promotion.
* Develop web-based promotion and monitor image of station website.
* Supervise and schedule day-to-day activities in the Promotion Department for station.
* Liaison with network and syndicators regarding the station promotional activities.
* Coordinate commercial production and sales promotion for the Sales Department.
* Develop and coordinate viewer-related contests for station.
* Develop and monitor annual budgets for Creative Services Department.
* Perform other duties as may be assigned by station GM and corporate management.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or other related field preferred or equivalent business experience.
* Minimum five years of progressively responsible multimedia creative/management experience in the areas of promotion, production and/or creative services for medium to large market.
* Proven track record for development of successful marketing concepts and branding efforts is a necessity.
Skills & Abilities
* Possess a keen interest and understanding in the latest technology and social media applications as applicable to marketing.
* Must possess effective leadership and management skills as well as the ability to work well with management team.
* Possess the ability to conceive, produce, implement and measure strategic marketing plan based on research.
* Ability to sit/stand/walk for extended periods.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.