WXYZ, the Scripps ABC Station in Detroit, MI, has an immediate opening for a Digital Executive Producer. The Digital Executive Producer will oversee all content on all digital platforms and manage the digital team to execute the strategic content plan.
* Supervise the daily work of all digital contributors.
* Work in conjunction with news management to coordinate the daily news operations for websites and all digital platforms, including social media.
* Monitor web analytics daily to assess user experience and engagement.
* Monitor metrics for all platforms using a variety of tools, including Google Analytics.
* Enhance the news content with outside links, maps and slideshows.
* Work with news management to set up processes and systems for the migration of multi-media content to new media platforms, including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
* Set news and digital staff expectations and hold teams accountable for meeting goals.
* Plan the online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality consistent community coverage online.
* Oversee special sections and site features to enhance coverage and increase user engagement.
* With the editorial direction of the Digital Director and News Director be responsible for the management of user-generated content on the sites.
* Responsible for content plans for niche sites, sales-oriented micro sites and any other business. Work closely with other station departments, including sales and marketing on station initiatives that require content integration.
* Perform other duties as needed and directed.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* BS/BA in related discipline required.
* 3-5 years of experience producing, managing and showcasing online content required.
Skills & Abilities
* Must demonstrate solid news judgement and writing skills (including AP style) as well as an understanding of current events.
* Must understand basic journalism legal principles.
* Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
* Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced newsroom environment strongly preferred.
* People and project leadership/management experience strongly preferred.
* Working knowledge of online content-management systems required.
* Experience working with online metrics and analytics preferred.
* Working knowledge of web-design tools such as HTML, CMS, site development, and Adobe Photoshop, and FTP programs preferred.
* Able to work various shifts, including weekends, to support station initiatives.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
<img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=https://scripps.contacthr.com/60410634.jpg />
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: