You'll be part of a team that produces multimedia, data visualizations, maps and graphics. We’re looking for someone that cares deeply about making innovative, creative and engaging storytelling that informs a global audience. You will also help create strategies for growing audience on our website, mobile and broadcast.
As a journalist and storyteller, you’ll be responsible for editorial decisions and experiments surrounding how and why stories are displayed, and how digital stories are covered.
Include links to examples of your video work in your application.
• Reporting, shooting, editing and writing original web stories for www.cgtnamerica.com.
• Managing and editing news stories, photos, videos and interactive content for all platforms.
• Communicating with newsroom staff on events and long-term projects.
• Monitor newscasts, social media and other news sources for trends and to distinguish newsworthy stories.
• React to and post breaking news quickly and accurately to our website and social media.
• Identifying good stories in data and present in interesting ways to users.
• Working knowledge of photography and sound, multimedia explainers, data analysis and visualization, interactive design, infographics and audience engagement.
• Responsibilities include other duties as assigned.
• BA/BS degree (or equivalent) in journalism, communications or related field strongly preferred.
• 4+ years working experience in news digital platforms.
• Strong knowledge of WordPress. Development skills a plus.
• Excellent writing, researching and editing skills.
• Copy editing (your work and others) for presentation on website and digital platforms.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears quickly.
• Knowledge of and interest in international news.
• ENPS or other newsroom platforms.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Premiere and Photoshop, Google Maps, Fusion tables.
• Understanding of the social media universe and demonstrate creativity posting to social media.
• Knowledge of SEO techniques, Google Analytics and digital trends.
• Some familiarity with HTML and CSS.
TO APPLY SUBMIT RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Now you can watch CGTN America wherever you are, online or on mobile.URL: https://america.cgtn.com/livenews/