What You’ll Bring:
* Develop and execute strategic plans to increase engagement and organic follower growth across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram while also driving greater brand reach.
* Oversee Newsy's email newsletters to generate greater daily news consumption and increase tune-in via email promotions for network shows, documentaries, and investigative reports.
* Grow the Newsy Insiders viewer community and increase engagement among members to build greater brand loyalty and generate brand awareness via social and word-of-mouth referrals.
* Manage a team of Community Managers to ensure effective execution of social, email, and brand ambassador program tactics to achieve each channel's strategic objectives and goals.
* Oversee development of new or expanded social, email and brand ambassador program initiatives from idea stage to in-market execution.
* Work with Newsy's Insights & Analytics team as needed to ensure that performance tracking is in place and aligned to the goals for each channel.
* Provide weekly updates to the VP of Marketing regarding progress against key initiatives and performance trends for managed programs.
* Coordinate with the VP of Marketing to develop annual expense and staffing budgets for assigned areas of responsibility in addition to monthly expense monitoring.
* Stay abreast of industry best practices for consumer engagement across social, email and ambassador programs and lead occasional competitive audits to identify gaps and opportunities in the experiences Newsy offers.
What You’ll Need:
* Must be both strategic and creative in terms of developing and enhancing consumer engagement programs
* Ability to prioritize promotional opportunities based on impact to brand awareness, consumer engagement and viewer tune-in potential
* Must have strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines while coordinating with stakeholders across multiple internal departments and, occasionally, with outside agencies
* Skillful at writing copy for social media posts, email promotions and other consumer-facing communication touchpoints
* Must be self-motivated and directed
* Must be proficient with Google Apps and/or Microsoft Office apps (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications or other related preferred or equivalent business experience
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience overseeing strategic and tactical execution for a brand's social media channels
* Proven record of growing consumer reach and engagement via social media
* Experience working with email newsletters and email-based consumer marketing
* Experience with a media brand or television network desired
* Standard office environment
Newsy is an over-the-top news network that provides "news with the why," built to inform and engage by delivering today's top stories across platforms. Its content is available in on-demand and linear formats on over-the-top (OTT) services including Hulu, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; connected television including Xumo; on mobile for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire; and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.