On some projects, you'll be expected to serve as on-camera correspondent, either reporting and producing their story on their own or working with an off-camera producer.
What you'll do:
* Take an original news documentary project from pitch to publication.
* Plan interviews, shoots, and reporting opportunities.
* Create and maintain a production schedule for projects.
* Work with reporters and videographers to film from the field and in the newsroom.
* Help guide stories through the production process, including script writing, story mapping, and working with the video editor.
* Research and report stories, from conducting interviews to filing records requests.
* Plan scenes that make our original news docs more impactful, engaging, and immersive for the viewer.
* Occasionally serve as on-camera correspondent, guiding viewers through a story.
What you bring:
* A skill for visual storytelling
* Excellent news judgment and the ability to quickly research and learn a subject or story
* The ability to write concise, punchy copy for video
* Reporting skills and experience uncovering new information
* At least 3 years' experience working with an industry-leading media company, longform reporting experience a plus
Education & Experience / Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience required
* Travel will be required, potentially including international travel
* Overtime, weekend and/or holiday work may be required
* Valid Driver's License, good driving record and provide certificate of insurability with company required insurance limits
Newsy is an over-the-top news network that provides "news with the why," built to inform and engage by delivering today's top stories across platforms. Its content is available in on-demand and linear formats on over-the-top (OTT) services including Hulu, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; connected television including Xumo; on mobile for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire; and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.