* Maintain and promote the organization’s Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) strategy, focusing on employee engagement, communications, change management and learning initiatives aligned with the strategy.
* Translate strategies into tactical plans with clear actions, accountability and goals to promote best in class equitable diversity and inclusion practices.
* Collaborate with HR and leaders on sourcing, hiring and retaining diverse candidates by connecting with professional organizations and leveraging social media and community connections. Develop programs to attract, retain, develop, and promote a diverse workforce.
* Develop training opportunities to educate employees and managers on how to recognize, accommodate, and appreciate individual differences.
* Partner with leadership to integrate equity, diversity and inclusion goals into strategic decisions throughout the organization.
* Establish metrics for measuring the effectiveness of equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and events and report on the progress.
* Consult to improve the organization’s environment; ensuring the fostering of a culture that is inclusive, innovative, willing to take risks, that proactively leverages multiple dimensions of diversity.
* Stay current on emerging issues and trends in equity, diversity and inclusion and make recommendations as appropriate
* Other relevant duties, as assigned
Education and Experience / Certifications:
* Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Business, HR or related field preferred
* 7+ years’ experience in equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives, including affinity groups (i.e., Business Resource Groups) and Diversity Leadership Councils, EEO-1 filings and working knowledge of state/federal employment regulations
Skills and Abilities:
* Strong communication, leadership, team building and consulting skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization
* Skilled in data analysis
* Strong organizational skills
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables at the same time
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 36 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at www.scripps.com.