* Configures, installs, maintains and upgrades computer systems hardware and software.
* Administers and maintains security of operating systems.
* Restores files or systems by designing, writing and implementing backup procedures.
* Provides operational support for the organization's information systems and peripheral equipment, such as application servers, database servers, web servers, desktops, printers and storage devices.
* Provide technical support to facilitate migration of multimedia content to new media platforms including video, audio, still photos and graphics.
* Assist in technical online support during major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure consistent coverage online.
* Performs recovery procedures, scheduling and backups, and monitors batch processes.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Associates degree preferred. High school diploma/GED required.
* Experience with Content Management Systems, HTML and Social Networking required.
* 1 - 3 years experience
Skills & Abilities
* Experience with basic system administration tools & processes
* Strong computer networking skills and organizational skills.
* Able to conform to high security environment and execute the rules governing the Scripps company security and controls policies.
* Must have basic HTML formatting skills.
* Must be creative, have good people skills and be able to handle deadline pressure and need to multi-task.
* Able to work with in stressful situations and multi-task as necessary.
* Flexible work hours required, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
* Some moderate lifting may be required.
* Occasional overtime.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.