Digital is huge, so you must have the ability to help drive our digital platform and focus on multi-media content. You need the ability to coordinate and create graphics and help maintain station website. Some non-linear editing experience preferred. Must be a team player with a great attitude and be available to work various schedules.
This individual must have strong leadership skills, a vision for success, and ready to take that next step in their career and join our team at KJRH.
* Responsible for newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production, ensuring that the station is competitive within the market.
* Responsible for managing newscast content and showcasing across multiple platforms.
* Collaborate with Editors, Producers and the assignment desk to select stories for coverage.
* Oversee and edit the writing of content, including but not limited to teases and web headlines.
* Develop and supervise effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs.
* Provide regular feedback on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually.
* Supervise pre-production to ensure quality and ethical standards and coordination between Control Room and design staff.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communication or related field preferred.
* 3-5 years journalism experience; 3 years previous new producing experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
* Ability to create tactics and strategies to increase demo performance in key target areas for multiple platforms.
* Have working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”