Please include a reel link on your resume of your work for further review.
* Develop and organize newscasts; responsible for writing, story development and showcasing.
* Enhance content of the rundown with graphics, video, research, and station branding.
* Execute time-sensitive decisions and write clearly for multiple platforms.
* Responsible for oversight of daily live broadcasts.
* Edit video for multiple platforms.
* Assists with on-air and online production of all filed material.
Education & Experience/Certifications:
* 3+ years experience in local news producing, with a preferred BA in Journalism.
Skills & Abilities:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Operates with considerable latitude. Independently performs assignments to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
* Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
* Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
* Advanced knowledge of organization's technologies and practices.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
* Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
* Proficient at posting content to various websites.
* Computer literacy required, with a preference for newsroom computer systems.
* Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
* Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
The Perks at ABC15:
* A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
* One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
* Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much)
* A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
* 300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
* A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
* Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
* A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
* A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."