* Generate ides for stories for multiple platforms
* Prepare a factual story to impart the information to the public
* Research stories through personal contacts, the internet and other sources deciding the best angel and approach for the story
* Collaborate effectively with News, Promotion, Production and Engineering on daily broadcast, special projects and online coverage
* Participate in community events
* Build a network of informational sources to provide exclusive stories for the Scripps brand.
* Meet all production deadlines
* Complete other duties as assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelor degree preferred in Journalism (or related field)
* 5+ years’ experience in television reporting
Skills & Abilities
* Strong communication skills, oral and written
* Storytelling ability
* Promote teamwork attitude with station employees
* Exceptional on-air personality
* Multitask multiple stories
* Advance ability in critical thinking
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.