In this role, you'll be responsible for shooting and editing storytelling for digital and traditional TV, as well as leading a team of Videographers to capture original content for Newsy. With a brand-new TV Studio and in the run-up to 2020, this is an awesome opportunity to lead the DC team and forge links across the Scripps Networks. You will work closely with the Senior Videographer to achieve a consistent workflow to enhance the structure of the Video Department.
What You’ll Do:
* Work cooperatively with reporters and producers to shoot from the field and in the newsroom
* Capture and edit visual and audio content for multimedia platforms
* Conduct field interviews
* Tend to audio/visual concerns and questions, managing equipment and advising on what type of equipment would work best for each story
* Manage a team of Videographers on a daily basis
* Perform other duties as needed and directed by Senior Videographer
What You’ll Need:
* Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in live broadcast operations in studio and field
* Provide hard and soft feedback to team of videographers, as well as manage schedules on a daily basis
* Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
* A visual mind and ability to organize and maintain upkeep of gear
* Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team-oriented environment in the office and field
* Ability to meet or exceed established deadlines to ensure high-speed, high-quality content delivery
* Knowledge of best videography and lighting practices, with a proven record of creating high production value
* Experience with cinema and broadcast cameras required; familiarity with DSLR cameras a plus
* Knowledge of editing software required (Final Cut X, Premiere)
* Ability to build animated graphics in Motion or After Effects is a plus
Education & Experience/Certifications
* High school diploma or 3-4 years of experience in related field required.
* Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
* Technical experience setting up/conducting field standups or interviews essential
* International travel may be required
* Over time, overnight, weekend and/or holiday work may be required
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
Newsy is an over-the-top news network that provides "news with the why," built to inform and engage by delivering today's top stories across platforms. Its content is available in on-demand and linear formats on over-the-top (OTT) services including Hulu, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; connected television including Xumo; on mobile for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire; and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.