* Manages newsroom content and showcasing across multiple platforms, to improve the quality of our product and the growth of our audience as measured by ratings and analytics.
* Collaborates with producers, field crews, content coordinators, real-time desk editors, anchors, and other managers to select stories for coverage.
* Oversees and edits writing for all platforms, including stories, newscast teases, web headlines and social posts. Reviews digital and broadcast stories, ensuring accuracy and journalistic balance.
* On occasion, will produce newscasts.
* Hires, schedules and manages team of newscast producers to deliver and continuously improve the quality of our news programs.
* Develops and supervises effective workflow strategies and procedures for multiple programs and platforms.
* Provides regular coaching and feedback to individuals and larger groups.
* Operates with senior editorial authority in the newsroom when supervising managers are not available, and know when to call a supervisor for assistance with higher-level decisions.
* Ensures newscasts are consumer-focused and properly organized. Seeks insight from ratings trends and acts upon that data and other research.
* Coordinate national content for broadcast with Scripps leaders elsewhere.
* Monitors all product on all platforms for compliance to federal, state and local laws as well as First and Fourteenth Amendments, and trains staff to do the same.
* Develops a pipeline of talent.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* College degree in related field or equivalent experience required
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in digital media, journalism, broadcast or a closely-related field required.
* TV news producing experience strongly preferred.
* 2 of more years' supervisory experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
* Journalism: Skilled storyteller, journalistic ethics and libel.
* Working knowledge of television ratings.
* Advanced oral and written communication skills.
* Working knowledge of all media platforms and broad understanding of broadcast newsroom operations and equipment.
* Calm under pressure: able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Customer focus: understands customer needs, raises the bar on customer service, develops unified approach to exceed customer expectations.
* Very strong collaborator: involves others in problem solving and decision making, asks for and considers an array of perspectives, comfortable relying on the expertise of others and joint decision making.
* Manage execution: setting expectations, delegating, facilitating, removing barriers, measuring performance, and fostering accountability/recognition.
* Engage and inspire at all levels: create environment where people feel appreciated, and valued, are committed and want to excel, and want to define opportunities to improve the organization.
* Manage conflict: Constructive in working through differences, handles recurrent conflict, resolves issues between employees, preserves relationships.
* Decision making: Ties decisions to strategy, uses sound logic, makes decisions at the right time, brings others into decision making process, chooses the best alternative.
* Coach: Continuously cultivates capabilities by asking the right questions and equipping staff with tools, knowledge and opportunities they need to develop themselves.
* Delegation: is clear about lines of responsibility, allows staff to make mistakes, offers guidance without taking over, enables team to manage daily operation of their teams.