Duties will include, but are not limited to, the recording and ingesting of satellite and other electronic delivery feeds, as well as the segmenting and QC’ing of all ingested programming and commercial content. The operator will also be responsible for switching live programming, as well as the quality control monitoring of all programming and transmission systems. Good computer skills are a must.
Operator must be able to understand and adhere to basic FCC rules including EAS systems and logs and have the ability to work varied shifts, including holidays. The ability to work under pressure and handle technical difficulties in a calm manner is a necessity.
A master control operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of the on-air product and is the final point of contact before the signal is transmitted over-the-air for terrestrial television and cable systems, so the MC Op needs to provide superior on-air quality 24/7.
• Process and append multiple logs
• Preview playlists to ensure that all content is available and ready for broadcast as scheduled
• Evaluate technical quality of content and assure standards are being met
• Editing, managing of all on-air logs, automation playlists and server device management
• (Crispin automation and Harmonics server experience a plus)
• Submit timely discrepancy reports on scheduling, traffic and on-air irregularities
• Perform emergency workarounds and report equipment problems to Engineering
• Must have a willingness to work overtime or varied shifts with short notice
• Must understand this facility is operational 24/7, 365 days and therefore holidays, weekends, nights and emergencies are often required
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 or over
• Strong knowledge and understanding of broadcast and production technology
• Ability to multi-task and react quickly during daily broadcasts
• Good interpersonal and professional communication skills a necessity
• Attention to detail critical
Qualified candidates, please apply online (Raycom Media Careers) and attach resume and cover letter. Drug screen and MVR check required. No phone calls. EOE-M/F/D/V
Applications for employment are now submitted electronically. If you have individuals that are interested in applying for a position, please have them visit the link below.