* Observes records and operates transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary, in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
* Aligns satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
* Monitors back-timing and adjusts all "On Air" material within the automation system.
* Dubs commercials and programs into video servers with proper technical parameters.
* Loads and plays back pre-recorded programs, Public Service Announcements and news material.
* Records and ingests programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
* May be responsible for acquisition of satellite and ENG News remotes. May also be asked to perform various backup activities including, but not limited to camera shading or production audio.
* Operates On-Air automation equipment, Master Control Switchers and Transmitter Remote Control.
* Reads various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
* Troubleshoots and responds to malfunctioning electronic broadcast equipment needed for on-air operations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Technical Certificate or training desirable.
* Experience: A minimum of 1 year experience in a related technical capacity in a broadcast television environment or equivalent experience in a video production facility. ENG/SNG/DSNG experience is preferred, but not required. Experience in a hubbed Master Control environment is preferred, but not required.
* Experience with automation systems preferred, but not required.
Skills & Abilities
* Working knowledge of Master Control in a broadcast television station.
* Working knowledge of video servers, scopes and switcher operation.
* Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
* Strong computer skills including file transfer and storage, transcoding processes.
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Good organization, attention to detail and proactivity.
* Ability to maintain composure and accuracy under exacting specifications and immediate deadlines.
* Strong mathematical skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
* Strong communication skills.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Must be an eager, motivated, reliable individual and willing to work as part of a team.
* Work hours vary due to newscast coverage and special programming. Shift work, weekends and nights are possible and expected due to special projects, news events, and vacation coverage.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.