* Observes records and operates transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary, in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
* Aligns satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
* Monitors back-timing and adjusts all "On Air" material within the automation system.
* Dubs commercials and programs into video servers with proper technical parameters.
* Loads and plays back pre-recorded programs, Public Service Announcements and news material.
* Records and ingests programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
* May be responsible for acquisition of satellite and ENG News remotes. May also be asked to perform various backup activities including, but not limited to camera shading or production audio.
* Operates On-Air automation equipment, Master Control Switchers and Transmitter Remote Control.
* Reads various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
* Troubleshoots and responds to malfunctioning electronic broadcast equipment needed for on-air operations.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Education: Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Technical Certificate or training desirable.
* Experience: A minimum of 1 year experience in a related technical capacity in a broadcast television environment or equivalent experience in a video production facility. ENG/SNG/DSNG experience is preferred, but not required. Experience in a hubbed Master Control environment is preferred, but not required.
* Experience with automation systems preferred, but not required.
Skills & Abilities
* Working knowledge of Master Control in a broadcast television station.
* Working knowledge of video servers, scopes and switcher operation.
* Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
* Strong computer skills including file transfer and storage, transcoding processes.
* Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Good organization, attention to detail and proactivity.
* Ability to maintain composure and accuracy under exacting specifications and immediate deadlines.
* Strong mathematical skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
* Strong communication skills.
* Organized and detail oriented.
* Must be an eager, motivated, reliable individual and willing to work as part of a team.
* Work hours vary due to newscast coverage and special programming. Shift work, weekends and nights are possible and expected due to special projects, news events, and vacation coverage.