* Prepare and deliver daily weathercasts utilizing all available weather data and graphics computers
* Prepare and deliver urgent weather updates interrupting regular programming as necessary
* Prepare and deliver all weathercast materials over a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to: TV, Radio, Internet, Newspaper
* Assist management in evaluations of potential new weather data gathering and presentation computers
* Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas
* Report live from event sites or mobile broadcast unit.
* Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
* Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
* Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
* Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research
* Perform other duties as needed and assigned
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Computer literacy required, including weather and newsroom computer systems.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Knowledge of Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar editing equipment.
* Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
* Proficient at posting content to various websites.
* Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
* Valid driver's license, driving record in compliance with station policy, and proof of insurability (liability limits of $100,000 per person/$300,000 per accident/$50,000 property as defined by station policy).