* Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
* Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
* Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
* Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
* Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
* Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
* Work cooperatively with photographer assigned to story, if one is assigned.
* Assist news producer in preparing newscast.
* Assist online staff in preparing for multi media stories.
* Report, write, capture quality visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelors degree in broadcast journalism or related degree or equivalent years of experience
* Minimum of two years of experience
Skills & Abilities
* Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
* Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
* Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
* Proficient at posting content to various websites.
* Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
* Valid Driver's License, good driving record and provide certificate of insurability with company required insurance limits.
* Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Please include a link to your work.
The Perks at ABC15:
* -A #thinkDIFFERENT culture that values new ideas, and actually acts on them.
* -One of the most beautiful TV station buildings you'll ever work within!
* -Voted BEST news website and BEST evening newscast in the Valley. We love to win, but we don't brag (too much)
* .-A place where your work gets seen and interacted with by millions of people each and every month.
* -300 sunny days each year, along with the best "winter" you'll ever experience!
* -A culture that values leaders at every level and puts a premium on promoting from within.
* -Generous paid time-off policies that start from day one.
* -A commitment to YOUR health that includes full benefits and annual wellness incentives.
* -A place where you can feel proud of where you work, knowing the station's commitment is to take action for our community and make Arizona a better place to live.