KNKX is an ambassador for jazz and blues, and a vital source of quality, non-commercial news, including NPR and regional coverage. The KNKX staff are storytellers who reach deeply into the community to reflect the voices of our people, our region, and beyond. KNKX operates a network of 12 radio signals that cover Western Washington, reaching 350,000 listeners weekly. In addition, knkx.org and KNKX’s 24-hour jazz stream, Jazz24, reach more than 280,000 listeners every month online. http://knkx.org/
For more details, including a list of Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the position, please visit http://liv.jobs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must have the ability to coach, mentor and lead a staff.
• In depth knowledge of jazz and blues.
• Understanding of automation and music systems, specifically Audio Vault and Selector.
• Ability to work in a creative team environment.
• Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and accept criticism.
• Understanding of music programming principles, audience research, operational methods and the structure and significant issues of public broadcasting.
• Must have good radio hosting ability, including the ability to operate an audio console.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Broadcasting, Music, or related field.
• Prefer five years programming experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
KNKX is being assisted in this search by Livingston Associates. Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates. For consideration, please visit the job posting and apply online at http://liv.jobs.
Apply by June 3.
KNKX is committed to equal employment opportunity.
Search Assistance by Livingston Associates
Inquiries are welcome with Livingston Associates