AAJA-Asia is partnering with the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism to provide fellowships to three AAJA student members to be able to attend the 2018 N3Con: New.Now.Next. Media Conference in Hong Kong, May 24-27, 2018. Each winner will be awarded $750 from this Columbia grant.
The Columbia Journalism School Student Fellowship expands the university's and AAJA-Asia's mutual goal of providing future journalists the ability to attend the Hong Kong conference to network with fellow students, professionals and employers; receive training by participating in conference workshops, panels and speaking events; and learn about trends in journalism that will better prepare them for successful careers.
The scholarships will help offset registration, travel, lodging and meal costs for students during the media conference.
- Applicants must be committed to AAJA's mission
- Applicants must have an active AAJA membership (Subject to verification)
- Applicants must demonstrate a dedication to journalism and a strong interest in pursuing journalism as a career
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies and either be taking or planning to take courses in journalism or media studies
- Currently enrolled Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism students are not eligible to apply
The deadline to apply is Friday, March 16 at 11:59pm PT. Email Jay Hartwell at email@example.com with questions.