AAJA-Asia is partnering with the Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism to provide fellowships to three AAJA student members to be able to attend the 2019 N3Con: New.Now.Next. Media Conference in Hong Kong, May 30 - June 2, 2019. Each winner will be awarded $750 from this Columbia grant.
The Columbia Journalism School Student Fellowship expands the university's and AAJA-Asia's mutual goal of providing future journalists the ability to attend the Hong Kong conference to network with fellow students, professionals and employers; receive training by participating in conference workshops, panels and speaking events; and learn about trends in journalism that will better prepare them for successful careers.
The scholarships will help offset registration, travel, lodging and meal costs for students during the media conference.
- Applicants must be committed to AAJA's mission
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older as of May 30, 2019
- Applicants must demonstrate a dedication to journalism and a strong interest in pursuing journalism as a career
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate studies and either be taking or planning to take courses in journalism or media studies
- Currently enrolled Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism students are not eligible to apply
Students selected for the Columbia Fellowship must join AAJA as a student member within a week of being informed that he/she will be awarded the grant. The cost for students is $25.
The deadline to apply is Saturday, March 30 at 11:59pm PT. Email Kari Soo Lindberg at email@example.com with questions.