* Oversees the production of a centralized hour newscast in Scripps markets across the country.
* Oversees the production of a centralized half hour newscast called The Now in markets across the country.
* Reviews and approves show rundowns, story ideas and pitches to ensure consistent creative and content execution.
* Works with national producers to execute high standards of show production on a daily basis.
* Oversees the workflow and delivery of as many as 16 shows to Scripps local stations each day.
* Works with the Director of Content at the national desk to expand storylines and editorial calendar as well as assisting with development for programming.
* Communicates creative vision for the news program to news directors across Scripps participating stations.
* Develops future show ideas and options for execution.
* Tracks daily ratings and ratings trends of the centralized shows and uses that information to help make changes and increase numbers.
* Provides feedback to stations on the local segments produced by their markets.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelor degree in related field or equivalent experience.
* A minimum of 5 years working as a manager in a top 25 newsroom.
* Experience as a local news Executive Producer, or a senior-level producer on a nationally affiliated show.
* News branding and marketing experience a bonus.
Skills & Abilities
* Passion for news and innovative and genuine ways to produce and deliver it.
* Creative and flexible; able to bend for breaking news and understand how to lead a team when that happens.
* Understands ratings tools and measurements.
* Ability to communicate effectively with station management at multiple TV stations.
* Understands the importance of social media.
* Understands the concept of interactive and engaging programming.
* Working knowledge of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills.
* Able to utilize web analytics.
* Highly creative.
* Strong editorial judgment.
* Working knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”