We believe in big, showcased coverage of weather and breaking news on our broadcast and digital platforms, and so should you. Every day, our journalists strive to produce impactful stories with the viewer in mind. Watch our live stream before you apply, and you’ll see what we mean.
If you have what it takes, you’ll be working with industry veterans with valuable market experience. Birmingham is a vibrant city. It is a haven for foodies and craft beer lovers. The music scene is robust. The cost of living is affordable and there are plenty of day trips nearby.
WBRC is searching for our next newscast producer for our digital first newsroom. We break news on our website and app, push it on social, and add emotion and perspective on television. Our newscast producers are more than show-stackers. To qualify, you must demonstrate that you know producing basics. You’ll also need to understand writing for the ear versus the eye, and how to write to your video. You must know how to select stories, stack a rundown, and time in the booth. And yes, you’ll be expected to craft copy using active voice and present tense.
• Works with News Managers, Anchors and Reporter to create and execute newscasts featuring multiple live reporters
• Participate in daily editorial meetings and evaluate pitches for potential lead stories
• Selects, showcases and writes local, regional, national and international content for presentation.
• Makes graphics and lower thirds for all stories.
• Collaborates with reporters and anchors on story concept and delivery
• Writes copy for web and edits video for playback
• 2-3 years producing
• Knowledge of video editing and scripting software
• Working knowledge of web and social platforms
Qualified applicants, apply online and attach resume and link(s) to your work. Apply at: https://careers-raycommedia.icims.com/jobs/9648/news-producer/job.
No phone calls, faxes or emails please. EOE-M/F/D/V