* Responsible for observing and recording transmitter power and frequency readings, adjusting them to legal limits if necessary.
* Aligning satellite receiver dish, adjusting audio and video levels as well as recording programs while down linking satellite feeds.
* Back-timing and adjusting all "On Air" material to ensure that when a show is started, it will end at a pre-determined time using automation.
* Dub commercials into video servers with proper audio and video levels.
* Operation of all Master Control equipment. Responsible for switching and verification of commercials and program material to air with correct audio and video levels; any associated keys or EAS material. Maintain all required program logs.
* Loading and playing back pre-recorded programs, public service announcements and news material.
* Recording programs, promotions, Public Service Announcements and news material.
* Responsible for on air switching of all programs, commercials, promotions and Public Service Announcements.
* Operation of audio board and all associated audio equipment.
* Tuning in satellite and ENG remotes.
* Loading programs on videotape machines and server based equipment, adjusting audio and video levels for proper playback.
* Operating MC Switcher and Transmitter Remote Control (analog and digital).
* Monitoring transmitter remote control equipment and take appropriate action as needed.
* Reading various scopes and other technical monitoring equipment.
* Responsible for maintaining in a neat and orderly manner the transmitter and microwave and station logs in accordance with FCC Rules and Regulations.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* 1-3 years of operating a Master Control switcher in a television station or equivalent experience in a video production facility.
* Six (6) months prior commercial television experience.
* One (1) year of commercial television experience preferred.
Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge of Master Control.
* Ability to operate and have working knowledge of various videotape machines, video servers, scopes and switchers.
* Knowledge of transmitter power parameters.
* Knowledge of machine playback from a variety of tape formats.
* Must have experience with automation systems.
* Must be a person who is organized, accurate, detail oriented and plans ahead under exact and immediate deadlines.
* Good mathematic skills, especially with addition and subtraction.
* Good manual dexterity.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Must be able to work well under pressure.
* Must be able to work nights and weekends.
* Ability to sit for long period of time
* Ability to lift 20 pounds.
* Must be able to reach overhead.