Open: January 28, 2019 - February 11, 2019
LC Organization Unit: Congressional Research Service
Availability: Open to All
Duration: 6 Months
The selectee for this temporary position will review CRS products to ensure they meet approved editorial and publishing standards; correct style and formatting inconsistencies in document source files; check for discrepancies between multiple formats of CRS products; use specified systems to track CRS products and workflow; publish technical updates to CRS products using a customized Microsoft Word- and XML-based Authoring and Publishing (A&P) system; and provide conversion support to convert and republish documents for posting online. Previous related experience as an editor is required.
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities
- Basic knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Capacity to learn other types of software programs
- Strong proofreading skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow up on commitments on a timely basis and adhere to deadlines
- Knowledge and application of English grammar including composition and editing skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Must have a professional demeanor
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to work efficiently within strict production schedule deadlines
- Experience reviewing and preparing formal documents
- U.S. Citizenship is also required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract for this particular position.
Anticipated Start Date: March 4, 2019
Duration: Full time (40 hours per week) temporary position lasting 6 months
Salary: GS- 11 ($68,036 - $88,450
Location: Washington, DC
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email a federal style resume, copies of college transcripts, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 11, 2019. Please provide all dates of work experience (Month and Year), along with the amount of hours performed at each occupational listing.