Newsy’s award-winning streaming TV apps bring anti-partisan and independent, solutions-focused journalism to the next generation of TV news consumers, and we’re looking for a creative, outside-the-box thinker to produce thoughtful segments with meaning. The Segment Producer acts as a senior editorial contributor and creator to news and special programs across Newsy’s premium programming. This role assists in the creation of Newsy-minded segments and special recurring features, while developing relations with internal and external contributors. The Segment Producer reports to the Supervising Producer, Newsy.
What You’ll Bring:
* Research, write and produce assigned segments for cable news programs
* Collaborate with contributors to produce partnership segments for cable news programs
* Edit and clip segments for broadcast and digital distribution on Newsy properties
* Assist in the development of recurring segment production across several news and special programs
* Pitch compelling brand-minded segments and story ideas in weekly planning meetings
* Work with Booking Producer to conduct guest- or collaborator-based research and pre-interviews
What You’ll Bring:
* Sound editorial judgment
* Must demonstrate good writing skills (including AP style)
* Proven success in analyzing and acting on performance data/analytics
* Must be able to multitask, meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Experience working in a dynamic, fast-paced newsroom environment strongly preferred
* People and project leadership/management experience strongly preferred
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Education & Experience/Certifications
* BS/BA in journalism, communication or related field preferred
* 5-plus years experience in digital video news required
* A moderate level of mobility is required in expediting workflow processes and procedures
* Must be physically able to sit at a workstation and maintain productivity for upwards of eight (8) hours on occasion
* A relatively high degree of mental acuity and social skills are necessary to successfully interact with co-workers, newsroom supervisors, and the general public, often under time-sensitive conditions
Newsy is the next-generation national news network that provides “news with the why,” built to inform and engage with the top stories across every platform. It’s available on cable; on over-the-top services including Hulu, Roku, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; and on connected television including Xumo. Newsy is also available via its mobile apps and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.