Key Activities in your role
* Receives assignment or evaluates sports leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
* Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
* Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories. Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
* Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration. Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
* Write and produce quality sports stories for multiple media platforms.
* Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce sports stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience/Certifications
* High School Diploma or GED, college degree preferred
Skills & Abilities
* Knowledge and demonstration of Sports industry
* Knowledge and demonstration of editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws Requirements
* Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems. Videography and non-linear editing experience preferred.
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
* Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
* Proficient at posting content to various websites and multimedia.
* Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of particular field of specialization to the completion of complex assignments. Advanced knowledge of organization’s technologies and practices.
* Advance knowledge of organization's technologies and practices
* Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
* Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.