At Stitcher, we’re creating the best place in the world for podcasts -- the best place to discover, to listen, to distribute and to create. Our award-winning app has been downloaded over 12 million times and delivers listeners their favorite shows via smart phone, smart speaker and connected car. We love podcasts, and every day we’re helping more people share in that love. We’re looking for smart, motivated podcast enthusiasts to build and grow even faster.
The Senior Devops/Database Engineer is responsible for participating in all aspects of planning, deploying, documenting, monitoring, and maintaining our data persistence infrastructure critical to the success of the business. These activities include but are not limited to:
What you’ll do
* Maintain and improve Stitcher’s industry leading data topology
* Build and improve monitoring tools to detect and prevent disruptions
* Build and deploy new data infrastructure
* Automate DB monitoring & management tasks
* Evaluate and recommend new technologies
* Troubleshoot and resolve any disruptions
* Write and update documentation on data sources and definitions
Essential Job Functions
* Maintain/Monitor/Improve Production Data Environments 45%
* Manage/Verify Database Backups, Integrity, and DR Capabilities 15%
* Plan/Automate/Deploy/Troubleshoot Infrastructure 15%
* Maintain/Monitor/Improve Indexes, and Application Queries 10%
* Work with Developers to Plan/Improve Application Queries 5%
* Work with Analytics Team to Plan/Improve Data Warehouse and Analytics Queries 5%
* Meetings/Presentations/Demos 5%
What you'll bring to the job:
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of maintaining high traffic production data systems with very high availability (5-6 nines). She or he will have extensive knowledge of a variety of data technologies including MySQL/MariaDB and will be able to demonstrate tuning and administration best practices. Additionally:
* 5+ years experience with administering complex heterogeneous data topologies, including disaster recovery, online schema changes, automated master failover, fan-in replication, multi-master replication, etc.
* 7+ years experience with SQL, or as a MySQL/MariaDB database administrator. (optimizing MySQL configurations, query optimization, data modeling)
* Experience with common HA approaches
* 3+ years of experience planning, deploying, and managing Linux based infrastructure
* 3+ years AWS experience (CloudFormation, Aurora, RDS, DMS, ElasticCache, etc)
* Production Continuent + Tungsten experience is highly desired
* Experience working with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Puppet)
* Experience automating tasks and writing tools in a scripting language (i.e. Bash, Python, Go, Ruby)
* Experience managing document databases (ElasticSearch preferred)
* Experience managing or automating tasks for Linux systems
* Experience managing infrastructure with Puppet and Chef
* Experience administering Redshift data warehouses
* Experience managing or using Redis
* Experience managing ELK stack
* Experience working with Kubernetes or equivalent container orchestration
Education & Experience/Certifications:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT or EE, master’s preferred
This role is located in San Francisco and requires limited travel.
Stitcher is striving to be the best place to listen to, produce and monetize podcasts. The Stitcher app, available for iOS and Android devices, is one of the world's most popular podcast listening platforms, with a growing network of original content and a premium subscription service. Stitcher is the parent company of Midroll Media, the leading podcast advertising network representing over 200 of the world's largest podcasts, and top-ranked comedy podcast network Earwolf. With offices in Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco, Stitcher was founded in 2007 and is a wholly owned subsidiary of The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ :SSP ).
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Stitcher is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a staff that is as diverse and inclusive as the growing world of podcasts that we are helping build. We offer competitive salaries, a flexible paid time off policy, competitive health benefits, 401(k) matching and other perks. We are a part of E.W. Scripps, a 140-year-old media company committed to journalism and free speech.