WFTX – TV, the Scripps owned Fox affiliate in Sunny SWFL, has an exciting opportunity for a Part Time Production Specialist. This position operates studio television cameras during live and taped productions, acts as floor director and teleprompter operator during live and taped productions and assists in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization), etc.
* Operation of various broadcast equipment including, but not limited to; studio television cameras during live and taped productions, teleprompter, character generators, graphics software, computers
* Act as floor director during live and taped productions
* Assist in studio maintenance (cleaning, organization, possibly lighting), etc.
* Assist as production grip on live and tape productions
* Navigate internet (web) and post video and text to station website
* Other duties as directed by the Production Manager
Education & Experience/ Skills & Abilities
Candidates must have a high school diploma (four year college degree preferred) and previous television station experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Live newscast production a plus. The following characteristics and skills are a must:
* Non-linear editing experience required. Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
* Working knowledge of television station production operation equipment.
* Working knowledge of studio cameras, Teleprompters and lighting.
* Must be reliable, dependable, possess a willingness to learn and be able to work a flexible schedule.
* Position involves much studio work and occasional field productions. May include standing for many hours, operating human lift equipment, climbing stairs and ladders, lifting, etc.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including “Pickler & Ben,” runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
Our resources include the market’s only virtual set and breaking news tracker vehicle. In addition, the power of Scripps' national network of local news operations and digital businesses provides a reach and an opportunity no other company can match. Scripps leaders are trained and developed to lead for the present and groomed for future opportunities in the company.
The SWFL lifestyle needs no embellishment. You'll enjoy some of the world's finest weather (average of 75 degrees), beaches, water sports, golf, restaurants and entertainment.