You're a fit if you know how to make news documentaries that are cinematic, watchable, and impactful.
What you’ll do:
* Edit together video and audio collected in the field, along with elements gathered and created in-house, to build original news documentaries.
* Work with reporters, producers, and videographers to build stories
* Build and help with production of related material, including for marketing and promotional purposes
* Deliver a finished product for publication
What you’ll bring:
* An in-depth knowledge of video and audio editing software
* The creativity needed to build engaging, impactful documentaries
* Experience editing video and audio for documentary or longform news products
* Ability to build animated graphics in Motion or After Effects is a strong plus
Education & Experience / Certifications:
* Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, film production or equivalent experience required
* Overtime, weekend and/or holiday work may be required
Newsy is an over-the-top news network that provides "news with the why," built to inform and engage by delivering today's top stories across platforms. Its content is available in on-demand and linear formats on over-the-top (OTT) services including Hulu, Apple TV, Sling TV, Watchable from Comcast, Pluto TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Google Chromecast; connected television including Xumo; on mobile for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire; and at newsy.com.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.