As a member of our highly collaborative team, you'll need to utilize your expertise with digital, video and TV to be successful. You'll be more than a video editor -- you'll be a member of the Fort Myers community, learning about what matters to the people who live and visit Southwest FloridaWe are looking for enthusiastic storytellers who are interested in editing video for:
* A live show
* Specific social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram)
You'll need to be willing to try new things so when you apply, share with us examples of your work that show off your unique storytelling capabilities.
Below is your standard job description - but remember, this job will be anything BUT standard!
The Video Producer works on video elements of assigned productions. Supports digital production teams by conceiving, producing, editing and readying video for digital distribution across multiple platforms.
* Works with team to determine video needs
* Produces compelling video segments
* Designs and arranges video shoots including arranging for studio space, actors, objects and lighting
* Oversees or participates in post-production activities, including audio mixing of video productions
* Ensures that video is prepared for integration into site content by digitizing video data into appropriate computer file formats and by performing other specialized video digitizing and capture
* May acquire available video content for use by sites
* Creates titles credits
* Edits available footage for insertion into sites and stories
* Identifies and uses emerging technologies for visual media
Education & Experience/Certifications
* Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Film/Broadcasting, or related field
* 3 - 5 years of experience as an Editor in a post-production environment
Skills & Abilities
* Sound editorial judgment
* Proficient in Adobe Creative suite, particularly within Premiere editing software, leveraging color-correction, audio, and graphics
* Demonstrated understanding of storytelling, design and editorial processes, as well as the ability to integrate them all with high production values using latest editing tools
* Ability to work with different camera formats, codecs, metadata, and network storage solutions
* Strong understanding of broadcast standards and editing within a networked storage environment and surrounding tool sets. Experience with color grading and motion graphics design a plus
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment; managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changes
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required
* Must have the ability to foster partnerships and collaborate effectively inter-departmentally and cross-functionally to achieve successful results
* Self-motivated and independent, creative thinker requiring minimal to no direction.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.