For our local assets, oversees revenue responsibility for television, digital, mobile, social and new platforms supporting our local markets.
* Lead sales strategies and initiatives for Scripps local media operations
* Set and oversee vision for development of new revenue opportunities across broadcast, digital, mobile and other new media
* Prospect and negotiate revenue generating opportunities for the division with programmers, advertisers and vendors
* Work closely with operating stations' general managers, sales management and leadership to define KPI's around goals for multiple platforms, review and communicate sales strategies and revenue opportunities, identify synergies across the division, recruit world class sales management talent, develop appropriate sales training programs and analyze opportunities to enhance workflow efficiencies
* Develop and maintain relationships with key advertising agencies and companies that support local and national advertising
* Create new revenue generating partnerships and programs to benefit local markets
* Track sales performance against objectives and inform management of results
* Develop the local media division around revenue budgets; participate in annual budgetary process
* Evaluate programming opportunities for stations with return on investment cost analysis
* Participate in the TVB, NAB and other broadcast, internet and mobile trade groups; represent the company at industry events
* Work closely with corporate local media team on group initiatives
* Identify emerging media marketplaces; develop revenue opportunities and strategically assess risk to legacy media platform
Education & Experience/Certifications
* BS/BA in related discipline; advanced degree preferred
* 10+ years of experience in sales and revenue strategy; media experience preferred
Skills & Abilities
* Able to inspire and motivate stations to maximize potential for revenue and segment profit success
* Able to identify and communicate changes in media ad spending
* Able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans focused on revenue growth
* Solid understanding of media advertising and how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information affecting sales; knows the competition; understands Nielsen and digital audience measurement and research
* Able to negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups
* 40% - 50% travel required
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If interested, please apply at scripps.com/careers.