* Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as assigned
* Work with producers, multi-media journalist and photojournalists to ensure a high quality product
* Maintain video archive filing system
* Receives assignment or evaluates news leads and news tips to develop story ideas.
* Gathers and verifies factual information regarding stories through interview, observation, and research.
* Organizes material, determines slant or emphasis, and writes story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards.
* Shoots video and still photos to illustrate stories.
* Edits, or assists in editing, videos for all multimedia platforms.
* Appears on television program when conducting taped interview or narration
* Gives live reports from site of event or mobile broadcast unit.
* Write and produce quality news stories for multiple media platforms.
* Report, write, capture visual content, edit and produce stories for multiple platforms on deadline, such as Internet and digital channels.
Education & Experience
* Computer literacy required, including newsroom computer systems.
* Videography and non-linear editing experience required
* Knowledge of broadcast quality camera equipment.
* Edit video on Final Cut Pro editing systems, or similar equipment.
* Strong broadcast and AP style writing skills.
* Proficient at posting content to various websites.
* Self-motivated and able to work in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment. Work Environment
* Valid Driver's License, good driving record and provide proof of insurability with company required insurance limits. Driving Required: Yes.
Please include a link to your reel.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NYSE: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of television, radio, and digital media brands. With 33 television stations, Scripps is one of the nation's largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs an expanding collection of local and national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Midroll Media; and fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape and Laff. Scripps produces original programming including "Pickler & Ben," runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, "Give light and the people will find their own way."
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://scripps.com/careers.
Candidates offered a position of employment must successfully pass a drug and background screen.